Friday, October 21, 2011

More Books

I'm glad I didn't self-impose an actual time to post photos, because I didn't get this one until late this evening.


















Oldest, his girlfriend and I went to a local used bookstore.  This stool stacked with books is just part of its appeal.  As one who can appreciate independent booksellers, I thought it captured the atmosphere of the place well.  It sits just outside the door, welcoming customers into the quiet, cozy warmth.  Inside, it's almost like tiptoeing into an old, dusty attic and cracking open a trunk full of treasures.  I love these kind of stores.  Kelly, the store owner, is super friendly, interested in knowing what you like to read, and going out of his way to find what you're looking for.

I got four books.  I was in search of J.D. Robb's "Ceremony in Death", and was pleasantly surprised to find it on the shelves.  Two other books were also from the same series ("Visions in Death" and "Born in Death"), and I got Nora Roberts' "A Little Fate".

Since starting the "In Death" series, I've been hooked and have been adding the next book to my library as I finish reading.  I'm a stickler for order, so I'm going in order and trying to fill in gaps where I'm missing books.

Off to read some treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment