Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Photo Firsts

Welcome to my photo-a-day blog where I'll attempt to post a picture of something, anything every day.  I've always liked to take pictures, and have found a new passion for learning photography. 


The real challenge, aside from posting every day, will be to come up with one subject and use only one photo.  Did I mention that I like to take lots of pictures?  Recently at the State Fair, I must've taken well over 50 pictures both with my Nikon Coolpix L100 and the camera on my iphone.


Today, the temperatures dropped down in the '60s making it feel more like Fall, so I decided to take a picture of the pumpkin we have on our porch.  It's a white pumpkin that I hot glued black glittery leaves to.  I knelt down, ready to snap the picture, when the wind that's accompanying the lower temps picked up and whisked one of the leaves right off the pumpkin.  It landed on the porch mat.  It was one of those moments that I suppose I could look at in different ways.  I like to think of it as a 'go with the flow, sometimes the unexpected might turn out to be a better photo opportunity' moment.


I hope you'll stop by and enjoy the journey with me.  Feedback is appreciated and always welcome.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment