Monday, October 24, 2011

Double Vision

Visibility
covered by a shroud of fog
a blanket of mist



















Okay, so the poem above has nothing to do with my photo for the day, but I was thinking about all the different opportunities that presented themselves as photos - the wonderfully creepy fog while driving Youngest to school, our glowy feet Halloween decoration (reminding me to keep moving forward), the water droplets on a pumpkin and leaves - and none of them worked for me.  Until this afternoon when I'd gone out to get the mail, turned around and was suddenly inspired by what seems like a normal looking gate, albeit in need of repair, on the side of the house.

I don't know if it's a great shot, or even any good, but I liked it.  I liked what I could shape it into and make it work for me.  That's the idea, right?  Making your vision come to life.  As I look around different photography blogs, I'm finding that it's just like any other art - subjective.  In a way, it's like writing.  Each writer has a distinct voice that's all his/her own, and photographers have their own voice, or vision.  Of course, I know more about the rules of writing than I do photography, but I continue to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment