Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Characters

Day 2Create a character with personality traits of someone you love, but the physical characteristics of someone you don't care for.

I made some notes on this yesterday, so I'd be prepared for today's writing.  I also thought, what if it was flipped around a bit?  Say, create a character with physical characteristics of someone you love, but with personality traits of someone you don't care for.  Both ways seem interesting to me.

Creating characters is one of my favorite parts of writing.  To flesh them out, make them believable with a vulnerability and strength that makes you want to cheer for them.   

Maybe cheering for me is what Dee was doing when I snapped these pictures of her yesterday behind the monitor. 

Dee:  I see you!  You're supposed to be writing, not taking pictures of me.













Dee:  Are you working?  You don't look like you're working to me.



















Dee:  Keep writing, human!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that first picture is so extremely adorable - I could cry. Dee <3

    ReplyDelete