Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Birthday

It's my birthday today.  Almost over now.  I've been a little busy.  I received a lot of goodies and we all went out to eat at my favorite seafood restaurant (Red Lobster) tonight.  Mmm...stuffed mushrooms and mozzarella sticks for an appetizer.  Popcorn shrimp, baked potato with salad and iced tea for dinner.  Yum!  After we got back home, the husband made me a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing.

This morning, I found two CDs on my bedside table (the latest from Maroon 5, and Nickelback).  When I came into the study, I found another gift - the complete Irish Born trilogy by Nora Roberts (Born in Fire, Born in Ice, and Born in Shame) all in one big book.  Those were from the husband.  He also gave me a very pretty ring while we were out to eat.  It's from the open heart collection which I really like.

Oldest and KeyRawr got me "The Secrets of Ireland" by Kevin Eyres.  It has beautiful photos and text detailing Ireland's history, famous landmarks and present day villages and modern cities.  I can't even begin to do this book justice in all that it encompasses.  It's just awesome.  What a thoughtful, thoughtful gift!  Thanks guys!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you had a good birthday and liked our gift! Happy Birthday, again! :D

    ReplyDelete