Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Which Direction




















Have you ever had one of those moments where you seem to be going in every direction, but not really going anywhere?  Where you're doing so many different things that you can't pin one particular thing down?  Then you wonder why you think you have to pin only one thing down.  You're a well-rounded person with varied interests, and what's wrong with that?  Well, nothing, other than feeling like you're always just searching for that next thing that will consume you rather than grabbing a hold and soaring with the potential that bubbles just beneath the surface.

The phrase 'going nowhere fast' comes to mind.  I feel like this a lot, and other times I realize I have to slow down and just be.  It's a product of my willingness to learn, and impatience at achieving goals.

It hit me yesterday when I discovered I might've been doing something the wrong way after I'd enjoyed the process for days, when, actually, there is no right or wrong way. That pesky inner critic just wants me to believe I'd done it wrong.  So, I push Pesky Inner Critic aside and move on.  One small step at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Liked this. Shove Pesky Inner Critic in a closet for the day, and lock the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to me day in and day out! Never let yourself think that you're not great for a second because you definitely have many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete