Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Macro Misfits

Another day of searching for inspiration.  I watched a cool macro video this morning, and I want to try the idea.  It would involve being outdoors and a few props.  This week would be perfect since it's sunny and warm.  For now, here's my less than perfect attempt at more macro photography.

I'd bought these glass figures at Toys 'R Us a while back.  Usually they sit on my bookshelf, but I took them into the kitchen and set them in some soapy water.  This was the first one.

















I didn't like the lighting, so I turned off the light that was overhead.  That made it too dark, so I got my "assistant" to shine his new fancy flashlight on the pair, and got the resulting picture below.  Maybe not worse, and maybe not better.  I like the darker blue if nothing else.  It all continues to be a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE! So incredibly cute! They look amazing. :) Good work! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) They were fun to play with. I hope the idea I saw on that video turns out well, too. I should be able to try it sometime this weekend.

    ReplyDelete