Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fantasy

Day 17:  Two-for-Tuesday (1) Write a science fiction poem, or (2) write a fantasy poem.

Here are my two for the day.  Both fantasy.

(tetractys)
My
life is
so steeped in
reality
I don't even have time for fantasy.

***
Fantasy

A kite without a string
floats aimlessly through
the sky.  High on a leisurely
stroll it catches the wind,
dips, twirls, spirals,
waves hello as ducks walk
past on pink cotton candy clouds.
In the distance, a rainbow arcs hazily
after a storm soaks the ground
in a blanket of gold.
Fairy dust, I'm told.


4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous photograph and two delightful poems. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was a little unsure of these poems. Tough prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty picture!

    Both poems are great, especially love the line about fairy dust. You did an awesome job tackling these prompts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I loved the little purple petals.
    As soon as I wrote "gold", the last line came to me. I was pretty happy with it as well. The kite and ducks were inspired by our trip to the lake that time when that couple was flying a kite and we took pictures of the ducks.

    Thanks so much for your encouragement and support!

    ReplyDelete