Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Unwelcome

I haven't figured out how I'm gonna have any consistency while I'm trying to take photos and write to specific prompts.  Mostly, the pictures won't have anything to do with the prompt for the day and maybe sometimes they will.  I could do the prompts on my old writing blog, but I'm kind of partial to this one now.

Here's my attempt at yesterday's prompt, which was to write a visitor poem.

Unwelcome

Your visits are on my list of favorite things -
right up there with having a root canal.
We'll have a fight in my head
before you even arrive.
I'm wound so tight
the dread is coiled in the pit of my stomach,
ready to bounce off of anything you say or do.
Trying to play nice just makes me angrier.
You won't change and neither will I.
Do us both a favor, won't you, and just
stay home?

4 comments:

  1. Excellent poem! Lots of visual content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Very spiteful poem you got there. ;P
    Two great works of art. :)

    ReplyDelete