Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yellow Flower

This flower (weed?) was standing tall in the middle of the yard, and I gladly took the opportunity for a picture.  When I adjusted the exposure, it actually turned the grass behind it a purple color.  No idea why, but I like it.

I'm not even sure how I missed posting on Wednesday.  That's usually a weekend thing when I get really busy and sidetracked.  At any rate, I'm still playing catch up.  Here's day 11Pick a season (any season), make it the title of your poem, and then write your poem.

Italian Seasoning

I'm not much of a cook
and he doesn't much care
as long as I wear his favorite apron
and a smile.
I've ruined plenty of dinners
taste testing from his lips,
adding too much spice,
and setting off the smoke alarm.
He prefers a long simmer to a
fast boil, and we pour on more
Italian seasoning.


And day 12Take the phrase "Something (blank)," replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, write your poem.

Something is Amiss (Sijo)

Something is amiss and I haven't a clue what it is.
If the silence is any indication, I should know by now
and try to resolve that darkening sadness in your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. The picture is so clear and vibrant and lovely!! These poems are great too. You are so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete