Thursday, May 10, 2012

20 Days of Earl Grey





















Wednesday's prompt: Change the title of a book, make that the title of your poem, and write your poem.

This was my first attempt at the dodoitsu form.  I realize it's supposed to be unrhymed.  I unintentionally have a rhyme, but left it as it is.

20 Days of Earl Grey

The steam rises to your lips
you take a tentative sip,
taste the forbidden flavor
through the smoky haze.

As for the prompt, I liked the idea, but sadly couldn't come up with anything other than this one poem.  Probably the reason being is that I spent an hour talking with an old friend last night who told me why I should read the book that I borrowed the (changed) title from, and I told her all the reasons why I don't want to.  Funny how a book I've adamantly dismissed was on my mind most of the day.  At least it gave me an excuse to experiment with tea (I'd never tried Earl Grey before), play with my pretty teacups, and take a new picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment