Thursday, May 3, 2012

Vacuum
















Maybe this year's Poem-A-Day challenge paid off.  I thought I'd be more relieved that it was over so I could get back to my usual sluggishness, and I did like the day and a half I took to myself, but I kept coming back to Wednesday's prompt and wanted to write something for it.  Could be I'm finally forming good habits.  Would it be too much to ask that these good habits come during the day though, instead of 1:30 in the morning when I really should be sleeping?


Wednesday's prompt:  Write a vacuum poem.


I shake off the heavy chains
enjoy the release of breath, however brief,
so as not to get too comfortable
the pen doesn't become an anvil
one day doesn't flow into another
and another, sucking me into the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment