Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nanowrimo Plans?
















I was over at the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) website yesterday, gearing up for this year's challenge and trying to decide what I'll write.  Romance, mystery, paranormal, suspense/psychological thriller, young adult.  I love them all.  Currently, I'm leaning toward mystery or paranormal.  I guess all of this Halloween spirit has me in that kind of mood.

While I was looking around, geeking out on all the wonderful writerly advice and other fun stuff, I wondered if I was too early.  Too eager.  Too ready to fall flat on my face (as usual).  But then I received an email from one of the three Municipal Liaisons for DFW, and decided it's never too early.  It gives me time to figure out where I'm going before I get there.

This will be my sixth year to participate.  Of those six years, I've won once.  Yeah, I know, and every year I think it's going to be different.  Maybe this time it will be.  I'll cross that finish line with 50k words.  With dedication and heart.  And a whole lot of something to work with once November is over.

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo?  If so, what are you writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment